Saturday at The Farm

On: Thursday, May 14, 2009

Drove down to Dad's Farm on Saturday to pick up a few things. We finished the hitch carrier Dad had been making for me and loaded it down on it's maiden voyage with a very heavy tiller, a bunch of fire wood, and a weed eater. It rode just fine though the back of the Jeep did squat a little. Who needs a truck!? I do want to put some lights on it since it is very close to the 3' limit. That thing is huge too! Too big maybe? Nah. It held just enough; I think between that and the roof carrier I can haul the kitchen sink AND the washer and dryer.

After working we ate some lunch and then had a good time catching fish; it's the first time fishing with Dad since last year's canoe trip that ended without much fishing going on. We actually got tired of catching them knowing we'd have to clean them all and it did take a while. I'm not as practiced as I used to be, but it's like riding a bike...actually it's not, but cleaning was easy.


Overall a very enjoyable time.

2 comments on "Saturday at The Farm"

Brandon Briscoe said...

I want to know how to gut fish.

The Unabashed Blogger said...

I can teach you how to fillet! Let's make a day trip of it. When are you and the wife not so busy on a saturday?