Dead Red!

On: Monday, August 31, 2009

I think this is an 'about time' type of legislation. They didn't specify how long is too long nor how we are supposed to determine what light we can cross on. That sure would help...

Of course the argument is that bicyclists (in general) run stop signs and red lights all the time. Some do; so do some motorists. I would be willing to bet that there are more motorists break the speed limit every time they drive than there are bicyclists running red lights and stop signs.

I always make a stop at Stop Signs and regularly have been exercising the Dead Red rule. Everyone has their own convictions, I'm just glad they passed the law.

1 comments on "Dead Red!"

Guy said...

I've always found it hypocritical that cyclist want to be seen and respected like motorist, but often don't follow the same laws as motorists. I'm glad this law is moving forward.