New View

On: Thursday, July 30, 2009

Right now I've been looking at things from a different point of view; whether thought or action. I may be looking at something and see how it could, or should, change. Or maybe I am changing and I am simply seeing them differently.

Some changes and/or realizations:
  • New blog format (obvious).
  • Consolidating 2 Blogs to 1.
  • Spiritual Change: I'm re-reading (listening) to some C.S. Lewis authored books: The Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity (want to physically read instead of listen for the 6th time).
  • Changed view of my job (with a slight change in schedule).
  • I am accepting the realization that I am indeed flat broke.
  • I'm not that into charity; the Greek version. I'm going to work on this one. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I do know that I'm not a super caring type of person. Not that I want to be, but I know I should be more than I am.
Anyways, I didn't really have much to post. Just thought I'd throw you guys a bone.

2 comments on "New View"

The Angry Coder said...

It sounds like you're having a period... of reevaluation. That's a good thing! Hopefully this is a result of things that Christ is doing in you, causing you to see and to search out.

SQLFunkateer said...

On your google ads:

"Meet Hiking Singles!"

Are there a particular class of hiking singles? People somehow uniquely defined by being both unmarried and having a propensity to walk on wildlife trails?

I dig Clive Staples. Sure he was an Anglican and probably I'd disagree on a lot of views he held but he has a way of illustrating concepts that is very engaging. Check out "The Great Divorce" while you're at it, its a very clever conceptualization of the afterlife.

I'd take a conversation with a bright and open-minded Anglican or Catholic (Lewis/Chesterton respectively) versus a dogma-spouter without critical thinking skills whose beliefs I might more fully line up with. Ie., I find Camille Paglia (open-minded, brilliant liberal columnist) vastly more interesting than, say, Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity.