New addition the the Unabashed Family

On: Thursday, February 19, 2009

We purchased a 1998 Grand Cherokee Limited today. We like it.


I had been delving into Jeeps for awhile now and I was actually starting to get overwhelmed with options and plans and....I just couldn't take it anymore. I finally told the Lord that if he wants us to have one then great, otherwise I'm done shopping!

A week later I had the thought that "today" (yesterday) would be a good day to visit the dealership and today we have one more family member.

It needs a couple things, but overall it seems to be in very good shape. The dealer put over a grand in it hoping to give it to one of his kids, but that person didn't get it because they didn't follow the rules. That and God wanted us to have it!

So what does this mean? I don't have a truck anymore. SO DON'T ASK. But, I have a few friends that do...that reminds me, someone needs to pickup some stuff for church this weekend!

7 comments on "New addition the the Unabashed Family"

Anonymous said...

This falls nicely into more backpacking in harder-to-reach places... wonderful.

The Unabashed Blogger said...

My sentiments exactly, though it will cost more to get there!

Percussivity said...

Hopefully gas will stay relatively low over the Summer (both for our planned trip as well as my family vacation to D.C.).

You should know that when I was in high school I dreamed of getting a Grand Cherokee... back then my motivation was to have a cool vehicle that I could use to haul my drumset around. It never happened though and I had to resort to hauling my drums to gigs in a light blue Buick Skylark. Then I got saved and learned all about idolotry and today I am happy to say that I view cars merely an a means to an end and am quite happy with my little Honda (granted it doesn't cost me to the end of my means in repairs).

Brandon Briscoe said...

so, in other words, Percuss is saying "put away the idols and throw away your lift kit catalogs."

The Angry Coder said...

Maybe not "harder" to reach places so much as being appropriate for places we've already been. How many times did Percuss' Taurus hit the transmission on our last two trips? How many times has he had transmission or axle repairs since then? It will be nice to not have to worry about falling off the road now.

Percussivity said...

DOH!! That is what happened to my transmission!!! Needless to say I ain't driving to CO.

The Unabashed Blogger said...

Most likely the roads will be loads better in CO.